If there’s one thing I love, it’s the music scene in Tijuana, Mexico. I lived in Los Angeles for almost a decade and mistakenly never ventured into TJ. But with my first La Escalera Fest, I journeyed across the border and discovered so much of what I’ve always been looking for in the US but rarely found. Kindness, community, great music, cheap drinks. It’s all there. This site will always jump at the chance to help promote any and all bands from the region. Enter a brand spankin’ new music festival.
+Ruido Punk Rock Festival is one of the first mass scale, DIY events to occur near the TJ border. Its goal is to be the perfect platform designed by bands to get even more bands involved and put music in front of people who normally wouldn’t have the opportunity to hear it.
The lineup for the first year of this festival includes bands from all the Northwest states of Mexico, from legendary bands like Barra Brava (Mexicali) to the ever so talented DFMK to many more. The complete lineup is insane. Check it out below and head out to Moustache Bar in TJ if you’re in the area on August 3rd and 4th to support great local music.
- Street Squad (Tijuana, Baja California)
- Los Alex (Tijuana, Baja California)
- Mutant Beans (Ensenada, Baja California)
- Dickens (Esperanza, Sonora)
- Erratics (Mexicali, Baja California)
- La Merma (Nogales, Sonora)
- Barra Brava (Mexicali, Baja California)
- Pa que nací (Tijuana, Baja California)
- Los Malnacidos (La Paz, Baja California Sur)
- Reptilianos (Ensenada, Baja California)
- Jakeka (Guaymas, Sonora)
- 45 revoluciones (Tijuana, Baja California)
- Pornostereos (Mexicali, Baja California)
- Capitán Mutante (Hermosillo, Sonora)
- 22 Missiles (Tijuana, Baja California)
- Renkor (Hermosillo, Sonora)
- DFMK (Tijuana, Baja California)
- Beat Cantina (Tijuana, Baja California)
- Hipogrifos (Ensenada, Baja California)
|Aug 3, 2018||Tijuana||Moustache Bar|
|Aug 4, 2018||Tijuana||Moustache Bar|